what the intro should set:
- play target (paradise)
- introduce the world (immersion)
- explain some of the basic good/bad principles
what the intro could be
- A dramatic chase in the air by bad spirits. The player can only rotate the camera and view the chasing spirits, while the „good“ spirit, rides directly into a sandstorm. The player then crashes into the starting point fortress from where he sets out.
- Viewing the spirits easily establishes them in the world
- explain what it good and what is evil
- explain that the player can become more powerful than he is now (outlook)
- only rotating the camera establishes the control scheme
- The player could loose his water bottle and find it again, so he can learn about water consumption more easily
- The same could be with the map. If the player picks up one of them, a hint will tell them their respective hotkeys so they can learn it one at a time.